Friday, March 2, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

Greetings!
I had a nice surprise today when I checked my email. Elizabeth from Sew 18th Century awarded me the Liebster Blog Award! I'm truly honored.

I had never heard of the award before so I did a little digging on line. My understanding is that the Liebster Blog Award recognizes blogs with 200 followers or less. Liebster supposedly  means "dearest" or "favorite" in German. The award is a way to recognize and support smaller, up and coming blogs. As part of the requirements for receiving the award, winners need to pass along the honor to five other blogs. A couple of the blogs I was going to list (Struggle Sews a Straight Seam and This Old Life)  have already received the award. A belated congratulations to you!

So here are my five picks:

Fashionable Frolick - I had the great pleasure of working with and getting to know Ashley and Rebecca last summer. We took an 18th century shoe-making workshop together. Their blog shares their adventures in historic costuming and visits to historic sites. Ashley and Rebecca's attention to historic details is outstanding!

Munich Rococo - Writers Alisa and Adam blog in both German and English! Their blog is a great mix of both historic and vintage fashions. I LOVE Adam's gold silk banyan!

Stuck in the 18th Century - Kristen is a graphic artist, photographer, museum planner, and now 18th century re-enactor. Her blog documents her journey learning period sewing techniques as well as some great posts on original 18th century clothing.

1940s Style for You - I love1940s fashions! This blog is full of great images from 1940s magazine, knitting projects, and more. I'm envious of those who knit. It's something I would love to learn but I know I'll never have the time.

A Cat Among the Pigeons - Do you like fashions from the 1930s? This lovely lady certainly does! Her blog shows some of her great 1930s outfits.

Here are the rules for accepting the award:
• Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
• Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
• Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
• Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
• Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.

I enjoy reading your blogs and thank you all for sharing your sewing experiences. Thank you again to Elizabeth for awarding me the Liebster Blog Award. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...