Friday, October 4, 2013

Great Hair Fridays - October 1943

Today's Great Hair Fridays post features articles from an October issue of the Modern Beauty Shop. These articles are from 1943.

Hairstyles highlighted in this issue are the High Harmony and the Semi-Pomp. Also shown is an interesting article about testing your curls.

Modern Beauty Shop - October 1943
Source
Modern Beauty Shop - October 1943
Source
Modern Beauty Shop - October 1943
Source
Modern Beauty Shop - October 1943
Source
Modern Beauty Shop - October 1943
Source
Modern Beauty Shop - October 1943
Source

2 comments:

  1. My mother, who will be 78 in February, used to tell me about rag curls when she was growing up. She didn't do pin curls in the 40s, but her grandmother -- who lived with them -- used to roll her hair in rags and tie them up at night, and then take them down in the morning. I remember she said she HATED it because her hair was long and it would tangle badly when her grandmother took the rags out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I feel for your mom! I tried rag curls once. It was years ago when I was still in high school. One section of my hair turned into such a tangled mess I thought I was going to have to cut it! I have no desire to try rag curls again anytime soon. At least not while I still have super long hair. Pin curls can still be a little tricky with long hair but in my experience they are a bit easier to manage.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...