Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A 1940s Sewing Challenge

Hello everyone! I hope your day is going well for you all. First up, I'd like to thank you all for your feedback on my very first video post. It was certainly a new challenge for me but fun to create. My editing skills need work but that's alright. I'll figure things out as I go. If you missed it you can find the video here, and don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel. I have loads of ideas for future posts. If you have suggestions for a video post please let me know.

I also look forward to meeting some of you at the White Lightning Ball this weekend. You can check some of the vintage goodies I'll be bringing here.

Now, who's up for a 1940s sewing challenge? Alexandra of EvaDress is hosting a sewing challenge that will focus on tailored garments of the 1940s using using any original, reproduction or multi-size patterns from EvaDress Patterns.

EvaDress Patterns "Fitting 40s" Sewing Challenge

The contest will begin on March 21, 2016 and closes at midnight EST on June 1, 2016. You are not allowed to start your project before March 21, although you are allowed to create a muslin to test the fit of your pattern.

I am very excited to be helping Alexandra out as a guest juror for this contest! It's going to be so much fun! Yeah!! Entries will be judged on the quality of construction, overall design and how closely they have followed the pattern and contest guidelines. The top finalist will receive a $100 gift certificate to EvaDress.com!

Here are a few of my favorite patterns from EvaDress.

SE40-210 1940s Suit and Blouse
D40-5087, 1940 Dresses
C40-3969, 1940's Men's Jackets
To join the EvaDress 'Fitting 40's sewing challenge simply visit the  challenge group on FaceBook , click join and then submit your project for consideration. When posting photos of your finished project be sure to including the front, back, side views and any construction/design details in the comments section under your main photo. Tell us a little about your project. And don't forget to let us know which EvaDress pattern you used.

The top finalist will be notified on the event wall by 11:59p.m. EST, June 3, 2016. Good luck to everyone!

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like lots of fun! Unfortunately, I already have big sewing projects on my plate that need to be completed by the end of May and I just don't have the time to take on more before then. Hopefully you'll share some of the finalist submissions so we can all appreciate them.

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to see if I can squeeze it in to my sewing schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about people that don't have Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have to have a facebook account to be able to upload the pictures. But let me find out from Alexandra to be sure. You might be able to send photos of your finished project to one of us to upload.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Opps, not sure what happened there. But I passed the links you sent on to Alexandra.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...