Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A Fashionable Gown

I first posted about this silk project over the winter. Sorry no construction pictures yet. I pulled the pattern out the other night to begin reading through the directions. I also took some time to dig through by scrap fabrics to see what I had that would work for a mock up.

Fashionable Gown pattern from Larkin and Smith

I definitely want to make sure the bodice and sleeves are going to fit before a cut into my linen and silk for this 1770s fashionable gown. As noted in my earlier post, I plan to take my time with this gown. I don't have a specific event in mind for it so there is no need to rush.


On a side note, if you enjoy drooling over beautiful fabrics, especially silks (who doesn't!!) check out the fine selection over at At the Sign of the Golden Scissors. They currently have some nice linens and wools in stock too.

Striped yellow silk from At the Sign of the Golden Scissors
Pink Brocade Silk from At the Sign of the Golden Scissors

3 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH!! I am in love with that last pink wiggly stripe fabric! Your burgundy dress is going to be most delicious! Can't wait to see it completed!
    Blessings!
    g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that pink is to die for!! One of the best I have ever seen for 18th century but sadly waaaaay out of my budget.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I haven't seen much buzz about this pattern anywhere, so I was wondering what your thoughts are on it. I've heard the English Gown by Larkin & Smith is very well notated and almost easy to make. Is this the same?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...